This week's art challenge from 2 Things Blog was a bit more complicated for me as I contemplated what to post about for awhile and came up short... until just a little while ago. I had been looking for days for something interesting to photograph that would match this 2 word interpretation and the only thing I kept spotting was gas prices on billboards as I traveled to run errands all weekend. That wasn't really good enough for me considering I hate looking at them and would care less to photograph the sponge which soaks up much of my money and probably yours... so I had to think of something else.
Alas, I thought of something more calming. something more cool, relaxing and seemingly perfect for this challenge. I unfortunately could not obtain a photograph myself, so I have utilized one from the Public Domain.
|Mount Everest image found Here|
The above image is one of Mount Everest. I chose to share Mount Everest as my submission for the art challenge because I love the mountains. I find them intriguing, breath-taking and almost like nature's towers towards the heavens. This particular Mountain has an elevation of 29,035 feet(8,850 meters), making it the highest mountain in the world. That is one great peak if you ask me.
a few other fun facts about Mt. Everest:
- It is has been recorded that the mountain is rising a bit every year as well as moving in a northeastward direction a few inches every year.
- It has an extreme climate with the summit temperature never rising above a temperature of freezing.
- It is located Latitude 27° 59' N Longitude 86° 56' E
- The summit ridge separates Nepal and Tibet
- There have been an estimate of over 4,000 people to attempt to climb Mt. Everest but only about 700 have achieved it.