Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Camera!

My husband bought me a new camera for Christmas this year. He knows me so well and I love him so much more for it. He knows I prefer to capture moments than to wear jewelry. I am still learning my way around a camera so I asked him not to purchase on that is too complex or having too many detachable pieces. He bought me the Olympus SP-810UZ. It is a 14 megapixel digital camera with a 36x optical zoom wide angle retractable lens. My camera came with a case, battery, USB cable, 4 GB SD card, camera strap, charger, instruction manual and Paintshop Pro Photo X2 software.

My review: So far, I love it! I like to think of it as a hybrid because it doesn't have any detachable lenses like a Digital SLR camera, but has just as much quality and zoom capability. It also has the handheld feel of a Digital SLR, so it is very comfortable in my hands and makes me feel very confident when shooting a subject. 

There are tons of cool functions and I haven't figured them all out yet, but the image quality is great. So far, I have taken good quality images with sizes up to 4288 pixels in width and 3216 in height. Below are a few samples of images I have taken with my new Olympus. Hope you enjoy!

29mm... F4.8... 1/13 sec... ISO-800

155mm... F5.7... 1/400sec... ISO-400

155mm... F5.7... 1/125sec... ISO-400



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! I really appreciate that you've taken the time to let me know you stopped by and read this article. I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you will be back. =) Many blessings!