Saturday, September 14, 2013

Creations For A Cause

It has been quite a while since I've done any sort of blogging. A lot of unforeseen and unfortunate events have taken place in my home life between then and now. One of which was my best friend and Mother being diagnosed with stage III Inflammatory Breast Cancer.

If you have never heard of Inflammatory Breast Cancer or don't know much about it, don't feel bad... neither had we. Now we do and I wish this had not been how we had found out. It is something everyone should know about but many are unaware of. Please research and get informed because it is aggressive and very serious.
____________________________________________________

My Mother (photo taken sometime before cancer)

The Above photo is one of my Mother, Martha. Just in the last few years before IBC, she has been through so much and through all of that I have seen just how brave and strong she is. I couldn't be more proud of her. I have witnessed her battle with divorce, the threat of losing her home, and even job loss... she has fiercely bounced back from it all. She is an inspiration to me. 

While she is one of the strongest people I know, she cannot beat IBC alone. She has many family and friends for moral and emotional support, but cancer is costly. 

She has only had 1 chemotherapy treatment so far and because of the aggressiveness of the cancer, the reaction of the chemo along with viral stomach infection caused her to be hospitalized for 8 days. Now she is unable to work. Bills are starting to pile on.

 Every day I am searching and searching for resources to help so that she won't have to worry about the threat of losing her home again. I've talked with social workers and other aids, but there just doesn't seem to be a lot out there. She can only fight one battle at a time. Please consider ordering one of my awareness gifts I've designed. All of the royalties will go towards financially helping my Mother during this battle. Any little bit helps and would truly be appreciated. Many blessings!

And
__________________________________________________

A Bit About IBC
Inflammatory breast cancer is a rare, serious, and very aggressive form of breast cancer in which cancer cells block the lymph vessels in the skin of the breast. This type of cancer is called 'Inflammatory Breast Cancer' because it causes the breast to appear swollen or 'inflamed'. It has acquired the unsettling nickname 'The Silent Killer', because many times there is no lump and is a rapid progressing form of cancer- usually taking only a matter of weeks or months. 

Please Click the links below to research more about IBC
and share this blog with others so that they to may be informed.
Awareness is important.

________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! I really appreciate that you've taken the time to let me know you stopped by and read this article. I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you will be back. =) Many blessings!