Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mysterious & Beautiful Poem


Close your eyes
Envision the universe
Oh, how the twilight glistens
Mysterious and beautiful
Just as my love for you

When I close my eyes
I picture you
So perfect you are
Mysterious and beautiful
Just as my view of you

Looking through your eyes
Painting the universe
Oh, how pure is your heart
Mysterious and beautiful
Just as your everlasting love.
Mysterious and Beautiful poem © Kristina Conatser, All rights reserved.
Universe Fractal © 2011 Kristina Conatser (BWC Designs), All rights reserved.

The poem above was written to express my love and adoration for our Lord, all of His beauty and mystery. I used to be one who viewed the world as if it were a glass full of bitterness, hate and ugliness. I envisioned no color; only shades of Gray. I wanted more out of life. I wanted to see more so I ripped off the Vail of pessimism and began to really open my eyes to the beauty all around me. I live to love His creations. His mysteries are my fascinations. I adore the works of His hands. I believe that a true Artist leaves a piece of himself in every creation. As I find myself admiring His works, I can see His face through them. I find new peace, new comfort and new hopes through looking at the beauty of creation I see all around me that has been shaped by His hands. 

“We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls.”~Mother Teresa

Let your mind wonder and drift away into the realms beyond logic; beyond basic principle. Just feel. Use your initial instinct. As children, we simply knew that there is something there. We danced under the stars as if we are putting on a performance. We embraced the wind. We played in the rain. We just knew. Simply close your eyes... feel; believe again. Our emotions tell us that there is something there. Even when we don't want to believe, there is still a connection. Think about it. Many of us innately call out to God even in anger or if we don't believe. We often look in the upwards direction to see if anyone is looking back at us. This in itself, is a mystery. Many believe it is the spiritual bond we share with Him. No matter how far away we are from him spiritually, He is always there waiting on us to return just like the Father in the parable of the prodigal son. He is always there- the slight whistle in the wind, the crackle of the fire- he is there. Sometimes we simply must shut our eyes in order to see. His love is immeasurable and unconditional. His ways are mysterious and yet so beautiful.

_____________________________________________

Thanks for reading. Did you enjoy this article? 
I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment to let me know you were here. Many blessings! 

2 comments:

  1. This poem is very beautiful and i'm very glad i got to chance to read a masterpeice such as this. IT's great writers like you that inspire young adults like myself to write inspirations such as your own.
    THanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much for this lovely comment about my poetry! It means so much to receive such kind words. Thank you for taking the time to comment here. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! I really appreciate that you've taken the time to let me know you stopped by and read this article. I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you will be back. =) Many blessings!